Located in the heart of Europe, Germany offers numerous sightseeing opportunities!
There are so many things to see and experience outside of the major cities of Berlin, Munich, Hamburg and Frankfurt. These cities are certainly worth a visit, but allow me to help you to discover the lesser-known gems the country offers with our vacation packages to Germany!
Customized vacation packages to Germany can include travel to the German Alps and the Black Forest; one can experience a German castle tour or enjoy a Rhine River cruise – so many beautiful areas of Germany exist! No matter where you’re looking to visit, my team in Germany and I can craft a vacation package especially for you.
If you desire a multi-country vacation, including Germany is a good choice because it borders nine countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Poland, and Switzerland. My German team and I are ready to assist you in discovering the best places to visit in, and around, Germany!
How may I help you customize your vacation package?
Enrich Your Trip!
- Visit Germany’s Christmas markets!
- Enjoy a lebkuchen and gingerbread making tour/tasting.
- Join a guided German food tour! You’ll sample regional specialties beyond sausages and sauerkraut.
- Visit the Black Forest town of Freiburg and the Alsatian town of Colmar, Breisach am Rhein! A wine tour here will introduce the flavors of Germany and France.
- Explore the wines of Rüdesheim am Rhein, one of the most famous wine making towns along the Middle Rhine Valley.
- Make chocolates in a charming alpine town with the guidance of a master chocolatier!
- Learn how German beer steins are made with local artisans.
- Discover how cuckoo-clocks are made.
- Uncover more about Martin Luther with a special Martin Luther tour.
- German castle tours including one of the best-preserved medieval castles in Europe, Berg Eltz!
- Monastery tours and other religion-themed vacations.
- Classical music and composer themed tours.
- Enjoy a concert at Charlottenburg Palace with a candlelight dinner in the Palace Orangery!
- Join a cooking class where you’ll prepare a meal at the home of a local chef.
- Discover the lesser-known gems on Germany’s Romantic Road.
- Plan a visit to one of Germany’s 400 zoos including the largest in the world!
- Active adventure abounds in Germany; vacation packages include biking, hiking, kayaking and more.
- Tour Leipzig’s famous coffee house scene with a visit to the coffee museum.
- Explore Frankfurt’s Old Sachsenhausen quarter and savor traditional apple wine at Apfelwein Solzer.
- A thermal hot springs vacation in Baden-Baden
- River cruises along the Rhine River
- Heritage travel
- And more! There are so many special places to see in Germany.
Sample trip ideas to discover the most beautiful cities in Germany!
*The following are simply vacation packages to Germany that I’ve planned according to the interests of other travelers. I’m happy to design a vacation package based solely on your own vision, which of course is my area of expertise.
Martin Luther is a precious name to many Christians! Not only was he the father of the Protestant Reformation, he was also the founder of the modern German language. This tour will introduce you to Luther’s life: his birthplace, churches where he preached, and Wartburg Castle where he translated the New Testament into German.
Martin Luther Tour Highlights:
– Visit Wittenberg, the city most related to Luther! It is here that Luther nailed his 95 Theses on the door of Castle Church.
– Tour Eisleben, which is not only Luther’s birthplace but also where he died in 1546. Eisleben is a UNESCO site where you’ll see a permanent exhibition of Luther’s life and work.
– Visit additional German towns that are connected to Luther including Erfurt and Eisenach.
– Numerous other sightseeing options exist! We can customize the itinerary based upon your interests.
This is one of the most picturesque drives in all of Germany! The Romantic Road is brimming with fairy tale castles, medieval fortified villages and plenty of quaint shops and restaurants. Major bus tours are here BUT there is way more to explore than you will ever see on a large motor-coach tour! I’ll help you discover Bavaria’s lesser-known treasures on your own.
*This vacation package is available as a self-drive or chauffeured tour.
Bavaria’s Romantic Road Highlights:
– Walks that meander through some of Germany’s most picturesque vineyards!
– Time to relax at local wine pubs.
– Tauberbischofsheim, a historic town with one of the most complete medieval centers in all of Germany.
– Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the crown jewel of the entire drive!
Rothenburg is very popular but it truly shouldn’t be missed. I adore it here and can share many sightseeing treasures with you.
– A Night Watchman’s Tour of Rothenburg.
– Sample delicious Schneeballen pastry.
– Enjoy spectacular German castle tours.
– Wander the streets of lesser-known villages! Visiting these villages allows you to experience the beauty and history uninterrupted by crowds.
There’s so much more to discover on German’s Romantic Road. Shall we get planning?
This vacation centers on lesser-known gems along the North and Baltic Seas where UNESCO World Heritage Sites abound.
Northern Germany highlights include:
– Exploring the picturesque riverside quarter of Luneburg. The beautiful medieval town hall here is one of northern Germany’s most impressive.
– Visit the 1,200 year old city of Bremen where you can wander the ancient Schnoor quarter; this area is a maze of lanes full of 15th and 16th century houses.
– Visit Lubeck where the entire old quarter is located on an island and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
– Tour the baroque city of Potsdam and its spectacular Sanssouci Park. This park is a site to see! It overflows with ornate palaces, pavilions and manicured gardens.
– Enjoy a special food tour of Berlin and more!
If interested in visiting Northern Germany this vacation package can’t be beat!
This German wine tour has you traveling during one of the most scenic times of the year – autumn. The German Wine Route is the oldest in the world where many treasured experiences can be had.
German Wine Road Details:
Germany’s wine route is comprised of 53 miles. It begins in the north in Bockenheim and ends in the south at Schweigen-Rechtenbach, which is on the border with France. As you can imagine, there are many charming hotels and locations to choose from!
The road meanders through lovely landscapes including the Palatinate Forest, which is the largest in Germany. Along the way you are bound to interact with many friendly locals, soak in the beauty of half-timbered houses, visit cathedrals and enjoy hearty regional cuisine!
The food here is delicious and features apples, pumpkins, chestnuts and of course, wine. For those interested, there are seven Michelin-starred restaurants as well as smaller, rustic and traditional options to choose from.
Interested in larger cities as well? Why not discover the beauty of wine season in Stuttgart? This normally nondescript city becomes alive in the fall. Pine branches and brooms grace the doorways of seasonal wine rooms open only in autumn. In these charming local establishments, you will also find regional cuisine and lively entertainment.
No matter where you begin or end your wine tour it’s bound to be a memorable trip!
Relax amid the beauty of Germany’s Black Forest during a stay in the heart of this picturesque region. Enjoy a lakefront setting where you can participate in water sports, hike and travel to nearby villages! This is truly a relaxing, refreshing vacation.
Black Forest Vacation Details:
– Accommodations at a beautiful lakeside hotel. You can choose a hotel in the center of the action or not depending upon your idea of relaxation.
– Enjoy a privately guided hike around the lake! Guided hikes for all fitness levels are available. Each hike includes a delicious slice of Black Forest Cherry Cake (Schwarzwälderkirschtorte) and a cup of coffee or tea.
If you choose a challenging hike you’ll travel on a circuitous walk around the lake. In addition to natural beauty you’ll see a charming, historic chapel and have the opportunity to take a train back. Either way, your return route passes by characteristic farm houses of the Black Forest region.
-Lots of time to rest and relax, lakeside!
Discover Germany through your taste buds on this culinary travel package! Enjoy German food, beer and wine while exploring some of the best places to visit in Germany.
Culinary Germany Highlights:
7 Days/6 Nights: Frankfurt – Rüdesheim –Heidelberg – Hohenzollern – Lake Constance – Munich – Nuremberg – Rothenburg
-Wine museum visits and tastings
-Traditional meals at local restaurants
-Visit Castle Hohenzollern where you will try an authentic Swabian specialty: “Kässpätzle”, a regional pasta with cheese
-Travel to the island of Lindau in Lake Constance where you can enjoy spectacular Alpine views
-Lakeside wine tastings
-Dinner at a local and authentic Bavarian restaurant in Munich where you can try regional specialties along with good local beer
-Visit Munich’s micro-breweries with tastings
-Explore Hofbräuhaus and a beer museum
-Tour the underground cellars of Nuremberg, where you learn more about the history and the process of beer making since the 19th century
-Tours in both Nuremberg and Rothenburg
This itinerary can be customized! Interested? Let’s get planning!