Greece is an amazing country with an outstanding array of travel offerings! If looking for some of the best places to visit in Greece, you’ve come to the right place.
Why Visit Greece?
This southeastern European country boasts thousands of islands, abundant sunshine, numerous beaches, plenty of history, excellent food and outstanding water-related activities.
Greece is more than just islands and coastline, though! Did you know that Greece is also known as the third most mountainous country in Europe? Plenty of hiking options abound for those interested in active adventure. If you’ve traveled to the Greek isles before, perhaps visit the mainland this time. Whether visiting the ruins in Athens or traveling off-the-beaten-path further afield, numerous options exist.
With warm and welcoming locals, a mild climate and over 300 days of sunshine per year, you have the recipe for a truly spectacular trip!
Enliven your Greek Vacation!
- Christian tours including Patmos island
- Grecian pottery classes
- Olive oil tasting
- Visit Kalamata and partake in the olive harvest (Oct-Jan) and oil production at a traditional mill
- Santorini’s wine tasting with wine made from the local grape, Assyrtiko, an extremely old variety
- Peloponnesian castles
- Cooking classes and food sampling tours
- Feta producer visits
- Tea tasting and Baklava class
- Enjoy Greek coffee in one of the oldest coffee shop in Athens
- Savor an organic meal at a Mykonian farm
- Learn about bee keeping at a traditional farm in the Nafplio countryside
- Mosaics workshops
- Yachting and sailing adventures on the Aegean Sea
- Clifftop monasteries of Meteora and hiking along ancient monks’ paths
- Active adventure vacations: biking, hiking, horseback riding, diving, etc.
- Cruise the Greek islands
- Choose among our many villas in Greece
- Family-friendly hotels & resorts
- Boutique hotels
- Villa rentals
- Honeymoon in Greece! (Greek isles & mainland Greece)
- Hike Crete’s mountains of Finikia and Giouchtas
- Santorini’s Byzantine church of Panagia Episkopi
- Black sand beaches of Kamari
- Traditional Greek dance performances
- Akrotiri, Santorini’s well-preserved ancient Minoan city that was buried by a volcanic eruption 3,600 years ago
- Kefalonia countryside on the largest Ionian Island
- Cretan farming culture and mountain explorations
- Shepherds’ villages
- Stroll the medieval lanes of Rhodes
- Lunch at a family-run taverna in the mountains of Crete
- Crete’s village of Maheri, an unspoiled village with only 100 inhabitants
- The volcanic island of Milos and its geological wonders
- History tour for children where they can learn about traditional dress, games and daily life
- And so much more! How may I help you discover the best places to visit in Greece?
Sample Trip Ideas
*The following are simply vacations to Greece that have been planned for other travelers. I’m happy to design a vacation to Greece based solely on your own vision, which of course is my area of expertise. I truly enjoy helping others discover the best places to visit in Greece and look forward to working with you!
The Greek Islands are synonymous with abundant sunshine, crystal blue waters, whitewashed churches, ancient history, and sidewalk cafes – all suspended beautifully in the Aegean Sea.
This 100% customizable itinerary begins in Athens, where modernity rests within in a historical backdrop. Traveling onward you’ll continue to Mykonos island and end in the crown-jewel of Santorini. This vacation certainly introduces you to some of the best places to visit in Greece!
Greek Islands Trip Options:
– Tour the narrow streets of Plaka, Athen’s Old City with dinner in a traditional Greek tavern.
– Enjoy a lively show featuring music and traditional Greek folk dancing
– Partake in a Greek cooking class with a market visit
– Wander at leisure with time to relax at an outdoor café! Why not try a Greek coffee and slice of flaky spanakopita?
– Fly to Mykonos island where you will enjoy plenty of leisure time.
– Relax at the gorgeous white-sand beaches.
– Meander the narrow streets throughout town
– Dine at delightful waterfront restaurants
– Tour both the island’s coast and countryside where you will see fishing villages, houses, and chapels built in the Cycladic style.
– Visit Ano Mera’s 16th-century Tourliani Monastery and Kalafatis Beach for time to unwind and relax.
– Travel to the marble village of Pyrgos on the island of Tinos, where a Venetian castle used to stand (the word “pyrgos” in Greek means “castle”).
– High-speed ferry to Santorini with time to relax
– Join a sailing excursion to the active volcanoes atop the island of Nea Kameni. This tour also visits Palea Kameni where thermal springs are luxuriously warm!
– Hike down from Oia to the colorful port of Ammoudi for lunch in a fish taverna
– Enjoy a wine tasting and vineyard tour where you will learn about the local varietals such as assyrtiko
– Take a 2.5 hour sea kayaking tour or snorkeling adventure.
– Or just opt to rest, relax and wander at leisure.
The options are endless. Let’s get planning!
Greek Isles Discovery provides a delightful vacation full of exploration and relaxation alike! You’ll have ample opportunity to tour traditional sites and lesser-known gems during this 11-night Greek vacation.
Greek Isles Highlights:
– Indulging in scrumptious Greek delicacies either in a food market tour or during a cooking class!
– Visit the ancient city of Mystras, a stunning and well-preserved Byzantine city that was chiseled out of a mountain!
– Venture to Sparta to uncover the wealth of history here.
– Fly to Santorini with time to relax upon arrival
– Tour the Prehistoric Museum in Fira
– Explore volcanic beaches or take a wine tour
– Sea kayaking or snorkeling adventures and more!
– Ferry to the largest Greek island: Crete. There are numerous sightseeing options on Crete and range from hiking to cooking, relaxing and 4×4 driving! One of the Cretean highlights is wander the village of Maheri, a tiny unspoiled town with only 100 inhabitants.
This is truly a special itinerary!
If you are looking to travel off-the-beaten-path and discover parts of Greece that are virtually untouched by mass American tourism, then this vacation in the south coast of Greece is for you!
If looking for some of the best places to visit in Greece and this is your second or third visit, I often recommend an itinerary like this.
Undiscovered Greece Highlights:
– Partake in the Kalamata olive harvest (if visiting Oct – Jan)
– Watch olives being pressed into oil.
– Try pasteli, a delicious honey-covered sesame dessert.
– See the breathtaking Kazarma waterfalls.
– Relax on one of the most breathtaking beaches in Greece along the shores of Divari Lagoon
– Visit a bird sanctuary where you can also see African chameleons – one of the only places in Europe!
– Wander the charming streets of Koroni, a picturesque old Venetian coastal town! Koroni is full of Byzantine churches, traditional shops and lovely views.
– Discover the 15th-century Venetian castle in Methoni
– If traveling to Greece in the summer you can visit the town of Messini to enjoy traditional music in the town square.
The number of villages and the order in which you visit them is dependent on numerous factors including length of stay and season in which you are traveling. No matter what the parameters, I’ll craft an unforgettable Greece vacation for you!
This area of Greece offers breathtaking natural splendor – cliffs, mountains and stunning rock formations – but more importantly, the area is religiously profound. If connecting to Christ through His creation is a means of worship for you, and if you can appreciate the need for the spiritual disciplines of silence and solitude, then this vacation in central Greece will inspire you in many ways!
Note: this is an active vacation! Since the monasteries are perched atop very tall rock formations, visiting them requires a lot of walking and climbing.
Monasteries of Greece Tour Highlights:
– You’ll begin your vacation in Athens with 2-3 nights to relax and explore.
– Plenty of sightseeing opportunities abound in Athens including food tours, cooking classes and, of course, archeological-focused tours.
– After leaving Athens you will travel in-land through the Thessalian plain to the village of Kastraki. Once here you’ll check into your hotel and relax before beginning your explorations.
The Greek monasteries you’ll visit include the monasteries of:
- St. Nicholas Anapausas, thought to serve as a resting place for pilgrims
- Great Meteoron, the largest of the Meteorite monasteries
- Varlaam, the second largest
- Rousanou, dedicated to the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Stephen, the only monastery without endless stairs to reach it!
- Holy Trinity, this one is very difficult to reach! You must cross a valley and continue very high up the rock before arriving.
After your monastery tours you’ll return to Athens and spend your last night resting your feet at an area spa!
Travel from Athens to the off-the-beaten-path islands of Poros and Spetses! These are some of Greece’s lesser-known gems, full of local island charm, stunning views, and inviting waters.
This package is for a 7-night vacation but can be customized!
–2 nights in Athens
–Athens sightseeing tour with Acropolis site & museum entrance (half-day)
–Day at leisure to explore! Plenty of recommendations will be provided with your travel documents.
–Ferry from Athens to Poros
–2 nights in Poros
–Relax at some of the island’s most picturesque beaches
–Ferry from Poros to Spetses
–2 nights in Spetses
–Wander Dappia, the port area where you can enjoy a fantastic meal by the waterfront
–Ferry from Spetses to Athens
–1 night in Athens to relax before your flight home. Plenty of restaurant recommendations, spa therapies, and more can add to the relaxation and enjoyment of this last day!
Ready to start planning your Greek vacation? Let’s get started!
Discover the local gems of Skiathos and Skopelos where you can relax on pristine beaches and dine on some of the freshest, most amazing Greek food.
This 8-night itinerary is completely customizable!
–All airport, ferry port and hotel transfers
–2 nights in Athens with plenty of sightseeing options depending on if this is your first or second time visiting.
–Flight from Athens to Skiathos
–3 nights in Skiathos
–Explore this island gem with plenty of time to dine at fantastic restaurants, weave in and out of quaint shops, and experience the island’s thriving nightlife!
–Ferry from Skiathos to Skopelos
–2 nights in Skopelos
–Visit the main filming spot for the movie, “Mamma Mia” and discover why they chose this island paradise!
–High-speed ferry from Skopelos to Athens
–1 night in Athens to relax before flying home.
This package is completely customizable. Let’s get started!
Enjoy deliciously fresh and authentic Greek food on the island of Poros during this specialty cooking tour!
-7-nights accommodation on Poros Island (near a gorgeous beach)
-Transfers from Athens airport to Piraeus Port
-Heritage walking tour in Poros old town
-Market tour where you’ll gather ingredients for your lessons
-Olive grove visit and tasting
-Lemon grove visits
-Picnic lunch overlooking the Aegean Sea
-Cooking lesson on traditional “Greek meze” (Greek tapas)
-Tour Nafplio, which was the first capital of Greece before Athens
-Hydrofoil to the island of Hydra where the only transport is by donkey, bicycle or foot!
-Tour of the Orthodox Monastery of Poros
-Learn how to bake Greek pastry at a “Kafenion,” a Greek coffee & pastry shop
-A total of four (4) Greek cooking lessons learning one course in each lesson (full meal and wine included in each lesson along with a recipe booklet).
-Plenty of leisure time to swim, explore and relax
-Buffet breakfast daily, 2 lunches, 4 dinners & more!
A minimum of 3 participants is required to run this tour and the tour is limited to a maximum of 12 participants.
There’s nothing quite like sailing the Greek islands aboard a privately skippered yacht!
10-Day Sailing Adventure Roundtrip Santorini
-9-nights aboard a 52ft sailing yacht
-A fully licensed skipper
-4 twin/double cabins (you can join a sailing or charter the yacht)
-3 bathrooms with showers
-Plenty of time to explore the Greek islands by hiking, snorkeling, dining on amazing Greek food, relaxing and more!
-Islands: Santorini, Ios, Naxos, Mykonos, Syros, Paros, Sifnos, Folegandros
Rates depend upon departure date and are more reasonable than you might imagine! Sailings occur May – early October.
Interested in sailing from Athens? This can be arranged as well.
Contact me for more information and pricing!