Visit Malta and experience one of Europe’s best vacation spots!
Visit Malta and discover one of the smallest countries in the word and easily one of the most beautiful and fascinating! Located in the center of the Mediterranean, a mere 58 miles south of Sicily, Malta has 7,000 years of civilization; in fact, the Maltese countryside features the oldest known structures in the world.
Vacationers visit Malta for extraordinary archaeological sites, Christian heritage, deliciously unique cuisine, stunning art, golf courses, expansive beaches, award-winning diving (voted the 2nd best diving destination in the world) and active adventures of all kinds!
When you visit Malta you have the opportunity to experience three islands – Malta itself as well as Gozo and Comino. Malta is the largest of the three, Gozo is the second largest and is more rural, and Comino – situated between Malta and Gozo – is tiny and is well-known for its diving and water sport opportunities; since the islands are very close to one another, it is easy to visit all three in one vacation!
In addition to the numerous reasons to visit, English-speaking tourists are happy to discover that there are no language barriers in Malta as English is an official language.
Since There’s so Much to Experience in Malta, Why Settle for an Ordinary Vacation?
- Taste the local delicacies of Maltese cuisine, which blends Sicilian and Middle Eastern flavors during a walking food tour.
- Walk through a centuries-old cellar and taste Maltese wines at a local winery in Marsa.
- Explore Mdina, Malta’s oldest city on a private or shared walking tour.
- Dive or snorkel the crystal clear waters and discover why Malta was voted the world’s 2nd best diving destination!
- Partake in a Christian heritage tour and discover where the apostle Paul was shipwrecked.
- Ferry to the islands of Gozo and Comino for a multi-island vacation.
- Visit Malta’s many beach resorts and experience red sand beaches to golden sands, rocky beaches to blue lagoons and even inland seas.
- Tour the main archeological sites including Hypogeum, the Cave of Ghar Dalam, Domus Romana Museum and more.
- Visit the Falconry Center in Siggiewi
- Experience active adventures of all kinds including biking, rock climbing, hiking, water sports, sailing, horseback riding, etc.
- Discover various architecture styles including Siculo-Norman palaces.
- Watch the Changing of the Guard Ceremony in Valletta.
- Enjoy a historical re-enactment of daily life of the Victorian garrison. You’ll experience skill-at-arms displays, military drill demonstrations and the firing of the period cannon. Members of the public are allowed to be a part of history by firing the soldiers’ Martini-Henry rifles!
- Visit one of the many artisan fairs in Sliema, Buġibba and Marsascala.
- Taste the famous Maltese desserts from kannoli (a tube of crispy pastry filled with ricotta, Sicilian-style), semi-freddo desserts (mix of sponge cake, ice-cream, candied fruits and cream) and Helwa tat-tork (a sweet mixture of ground and whole almonds).
- Tour Għadira Nature Reserve and bird watch to your heart’s content.
- Take the entire family to Malta! Family vacations are easy here as the Maltese provide plenty of opportunities to engage and entertain children. Due to their family-focus, there are water and amusement parks, museums, aquariums, forts, family resorts, family-friendly beaches and even free children’s entertainment along Valletta’s waterfront!
- Tour the beautiful botanical gardens and the Cliffs at Dingli; admire the beautiful views and watch the sun set in bursts of color from the highest area in Malta!
- Tour the gorgeous San Anton Gardens in Ħ’Attard; these gardens were built by Antoine de Paul in 1623. If you appreciate gardens then we can plan a visit to Sa Maison Gardens, which overlook lovely Marsamxett Harbor and date from 1636. Many other gardens can be found throughout Malta.
- Take a private tour to hidden lagoons and secret swimming spots.
- Enjoy the annual Valletta International Baroque Festival or the annual Valletta Jazz Festival.
- Partake in Gozo Island’s Festival Mediterranea where you can attend opera and music concerts as well as food and art experiences.
- Visit Malta during the Christmas season for it’s wonderful festivities from the many nativities on display to carol sings at every church (there are 365 churches on Malta!)
- Tour off-the-beaten-path villages for a truly unique and memorable Maltese vacation!
- Visit local farmers and sample their gourmet regional offerings.
- Enjoy an olive grove tour and sample Maltese olive oil.
- Partake in a hands-on cooking class followed by dinner with a local chef.
- Visit quaint fishing villages and wander streets that are untouched by mass tourism.
- Join a history tour with a focus on WWII
- Travel to Gozo Island and explore on foot hidden caves and secret places only the locals know about!
- Tour Gozo’s 350 year old salt pans.
- Join a sunset hike where you can enjoy the wild fruit that grows along the trails, swim and visit a local bakery for freshly made Ftira (delicious stuffed breads).
- Since Malta is so close to Sicily, why not enjoy a multi-island vacation and visit Sicily as well? Many wonderful options exist for your next vacation in Malta!
I think you get the idea! Let me know what experiences you would like and I will do my best to craft a special vacation in Malta just for you.
Sample Trip Ideas
*The following are simply ideas for travel to Malta. I’m happy to design an itinerary based solely on your own vision, which of course is my area of expertise.
Valletta is the small but mighty capital of Malta that dates back to the 1500s. Did you know that Valletta is the most concentrated historic area in the world? It’s literally overflowing with sightseeing opportunities from museums and gardens to palaces, grand churches, and Baroque architecture. Situated on the waterfront, plenty of opportunities also exist for explorations by boat.
Fly into Valletta and transfer to one of the many beautiful local hotels for 7-Nights.
Trip highlights include:
– Admiring the 16th-century walls and historic forts
– Visiting the stunning and elaborate Saint John’s Co-Cathedral, home to the Caravaggio masterpiece, “The Beheading of Saint John”
– Visit the Grandmaster’s Palace which was built between the 16th and 18th centuries
– Wander the stunningly beautiful Upper and Lower Barrakka Gardens
– Tour the National Museum of Archeology
– Take a private boat tour around the islands where you will explore secluded beaches, swim in crystal-clear turquoise waters, snorkel and if adventurous, cliff diving!
This vacation in Malta is completely customizable. Contact me and let’s start planning!
This special vacation introduces you to highlights on both the mainland and Gozo Island. 4-Nights Valletta, 3-Nights Gozo Island, 1-Night Valletta before flying home.
Trip highlights include:
– Exploring the ancient and charming streets of Valletta
– Tour of the prehistoric temples and the fascinating Ghar Dalam Cave and Museum. Did you know that the lowermost layers contain fossils of dwarf elephants, hippopotami, birds and other animals?
– Visit the Dingli Cliffs, one of the highest points on Malta.
– Tour Ta Qali Crafts Village and have the opportunity to watch artisans engaging in ceramic-making and glass-blowing.
– Ferry to Gozo Island where you will spend your first day relaxing and wandering at leisure.
– Wake up and explore the hidden corners of the island with a jeep tour.
– Learn all about Maltese cuisine with a hands-on cooking class where you’ll also learn about the island from a local’s perspective.
Many other options exist to customize this vacation. Let’s get planning!
This vacation is the perfect option for those who love discovering a place through its cuisine! This itinerary showcases the traditional dishes of this unique island.
7-Nights on the mainland or choose to divide your time among Malta island and any combination of Gozo and Comino islands.
Trip highlights include:
– Full day private city tour to discover the history, architecture and unique cuisine of this beautiful island. Traditional Maltese food is very rustic and features local items such as rabbit, honey, tomatoes, and olives.
– Olive grove visit in rural Malta where you will taste Maltese olive oil
– Half-day private wine tasting and tour of a local family-owned vineyard
– Private Mdina tour (Malta’s oldest city) with afternoon tea
– Savor a traditional Maltese dinner at a restaurant popular with the locals
– An optional second walking tour to taste Maltese cheese, chocolates, sweet and savory pastries, as well as locally brewed beer.
This package is completely customizable! Prices vary by hotel type and dates of travel. Contact me to start planning!
This adventure itinerary will have you exploring by land, by sea and suspended in mid-air at a dinner table!!
Trip highlights include:
– Start your vacation off right with a dinner only for the truly adventurous! Reservations will be made for you to dine suspended in mid-air at an award-winning Maltese restaurant! (This experience is only offered at certain times of the year).
– Kayak and speedboat trip to Gozo Island where you’ll explore the crystal clear waters, caves and cliffs.
– Explore underwater by subwing! This is a new water sport that allows you to glide underwater effortlessly; no experience necessary.
– Take a SUP tour (stand up paddle surfing) excursion.
– Learn how to dive or add-on a package for those who are veteran divers.
– Walking tours, hiking and biking can also be arranged.
Remember, this vacation is completely customizable!
Ready to start planning your trip to Malta? Let’s begin!